- Oor Koodi Uthavuvom is a novel fundraising activity of Vadamalayan Memorial Trust to involve each and everyone towards mobilizing resources to save the life of poor people.
- Old newspapers from households are collected as donations and the money it fetches goes to the medical assistance of poor people under any specialty like Intensive Care, Neurocare etc.,
- This project has been inaugurated on 8th March, 2006 .
- The old news papers are collected at the doorsteps of the residences, schools, colleges and from various public and private agencies by our authorized representatives.
- Some significant achievements are…
> 700 students from various colleges and Schools were involved in collecting old news papers from the residents of Madurai.
> On the eve of World Heart Day, Vadamalayan Hospitals and Radio Mirchi have jointly campaigned for this project. Schools were approached to participate in this project.
> 1.8 tons of old news papers were collected by the NSS Volunteers of Thiagarajar College.
> Dolphin matriculation School has contributed Rs 47, 000/- and Rs 23,000/- for two consecutive years since 2009.