Warm greetings from Vadamalayan Memorial Trust.
It's my pleasure and privilege to carry on the legacy of my father, Dr.P.Vadamalayan whose mission in life was to serve our community through quality health care and thus founded Vadamalayan Hospital in 1957. With compassion and dedication, he practiced "Evidence based medicine" which brought forth people's trust in us. He was committed to the welfare of the downtrodden people and did his maximum effort for their upliftment.
Following his footsteps, we enthusiastically accept the social responsibility towards our people and this has led us to implement various projects and programmes for the welfare of the people. To mention a few,
• We are the first hospital in south Tamil Nadu to have installed a Trauma Care Centre in a National Highway 7
• A unique programme called “Oor koodi Uthavuvom (Lets help together)” whereby the public donates their old newspapers to treat the needy.
• Schematically planned programmes of free medical camps, blood donation camps round the year.
In future, we have plans to implement the following programmes such as
• Launching a Cancer Hospital and Research Centre and to provide free treatment for the poor.
• Preventive health care in rural areas.
• Telemedicine facility for rural areas in and around Madurai.
• Setting up a mobile medical unit to reach a wider coverage of beneficiaries.
• Establishment of Hospice and Palliative Care Unit for the terminally ill patients.
The future holds lot of promise. With zeal and enthusiasm, supplemented with our commitment and endeavor we will always remain in the form of our energy and strength to serve the community.
I believe that 2011 brings new optimism and an improved platform for planned and focused strides towards the attainment of the goals of our trust. We continue to march forward where our clear vision and strategy is trusted by our stakeholders such us the central and the state governments, grass root agencies and the local people.
I look forward for your continuous support and constant motivation.